Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Celebration Continues in New York

The day after my birthday Forrest drove me to Grand Junction, Colorado so I could catch a flight to meet up with my sisters in New York. (He continued driving my car to Michigan via Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands.) I arrived at LGA airport about midnight and after a dinner at a local diner (ending at 1:00am), my older sister informed me that we’d be leaving at 5:00am to drive to our lesson in goat cheese making. …. No sleep for us!
We awoke with stinging eyes at 4:15am to ready ourselves for the goat cheese journey. However, goat cheese turned into a surprise hot air balloon ride!
Saturday Morning, August 20, my little sister and I went up, up and away! My older sister quickly arranged the surprise after discovering the planned out ride in Moab was canceled due to weather. What a sister. Here are a few photos from the adventure!


















We also went to a few wineries along the Shawangunk wine trail for taste testing. We had some amazing food at the Brotherhood winery.



Our wonderful sister weekend ended with a surprise visit from Aunt Nancy, who lives an hour outside of Boston. We all went to a fabulous champagne brunch. It was quite memorable and hilarious, especially when your sister gets egg yolk accidentally squirted on/in her purse.





We had a wonderful time in New York. I also got to see my brother-in-law (BIL) and my little niece (crouton).





No comments:

Post a Comment